Comment on page
If a button/menu item is not appearing:
- Right click the PixieBrix icon in the browser toolbar and verify it says "On <origin>"
- Click the PixieBrix toolbar icon to toggle the sidebar, does the extension now run? If it runs, this indicates the extension is configured properly, but that the permissions are not active
- Check the Settings page. Does the URL match any of patterns under "Additional Permissions"?
The error telemetry is currently verbose, e.g., reporting cancellations as errors. Some of the events you see might not be causing the problem the team member is experience
From the deployment detail page, view the "Status" tab to verify what version of the deployment and PixieBrix browser extension each user has active
As a developer, try replicating the problem on your machine
To view the error logs for the brick, open the mod and select the Brick from the "Active Bricks" screen.
To view the verbose logs (from all levels), select "DEBUG" from the log level dropdown
You can refresh the available log messages without reloading the page by clicking "Refresh"
The console will also shows messages/errors from the host page and any other extensions you have installed
To only show messages from the PixieBrix extension, check "Selected context only" from the Console settings
Then, select top → PixieBrix from the context dropdown
Additionally, ensure "Verbose" log messages are turned on to get additional context about any error messages
Unless your deployments are using PixieBrix's API proxy or using a team database, user operations are not transmitted through PixieBrix's services, and should not cause degradation of deployed mods.
Your email address is not enabled. Contact the administrator for <TEAM_NAME>"
A new user must be added to at least one of the team’s campaigns before they can log in. If you’re seeing this error, then add the user to a campaign and have them retry logging in.
The most common cause for the Chrome Browser Extension crashing is that debug logs have started taking up too much space.
- Check the Settings > Developer Settings section in the Extension Console
- Clear the local logs
- Ensure Log Values is Disabled
If your browser extension install has been corrupted, you can reset the browser extension install state.
- Visit Settings > Factory Reset and click the “Factory Reset” button
The Factory Reset Button is not available to restricted enterprise team members.