Comment on page
Types of Variables
This documentation is about setting variables on the current tab/frame.
Mod Variables are variables that are shared across starter bricks in a mod, and available across runs of the mod during a page session. Reloading a page or navigating to a different page clears the Mod Variables for the tab.
Example situations of when to use Mod Variables are:
- Keep track of whether a mod has already run on a page
- Making information available on a Sidebar
- Pass information between frames or tabs (Advanced)
Advanced: Page State is in-memory storage that persists during a page session. There are 3 Page State namespaces to isolate information:
- Private — accessible only for bricks attached to the starter brick
- Mod — accessible to all bricks in the mod
- Public — accessible to all bricks
PixieBrix stores Mod Variables in the Mod Page State.