To use Trello bricks in your mods, such as creating a new card in Trello, you’ll need to set up a few things. Start with your integration, and then consult the mod activation or brick field values to determine what else you need.
Setting up a Trello integration
- You can do this from a couple of different places.
- For a Team Integration that can be accessed by anyone in your team: From the Integrations page, you’ll need to select + Add Integration, and then search for Trello and select it.
- For a personal integration, head to the Extension Console, then select Integrations on the left menu. Next select, + Add Integration, and then search for Trello and select it.
- From within the configuration setting of a mod, click + Add new in the Integrations section.
- You’ll see a modal like this appear.
- Name the integration anything you’d like.
- Get your Trello API key by going to https://trello.com/app-key. Copy the value in the Personal Key field and paste it in the
apiKeyfield in PixieBrix.
- To get your API token, add it to this URL format:
- Select Save in the PixieBrix console after you’ve put in your Key and Token, and you’re all set to use your Trello integration!
Your URL should look something like this (but with your just copied Personal Key instead of
Paste the new URL with your token in Chrome and you’ll be directed to a Trello authentication page where you’ll approve PixieBrix to use your personal key.
Scroll the bottom and click Allow.
Trello will direct you to a new page with another string and letters and numbers. Copy that and paste that into the
apiToken field in PixieBrix.