Comment on page
Packaging a Mod
To share a mod, it needs to be part of a mod package. A mod package contains one or more mods inside, along with a description and activation options.
There are two ways to package mods:
- 1.From the Page Editor
- 2.From the Extension Console > Mods Screen
Click the three dots button next to the Page Editor entry, and click Add to mod:
The Page Editor will prompt you to create a new mod, or add it to an existing mod.
In the Extension Console, navigate to the Mods screen.
Find the entry you want to share as a mod, click the three dots menu, and click Share with Teams or Publish to Marketplace.
Regardless of whether you begin the packaging process from the Page Editor or the Extension Console, PixieBrix will prompt you to provide an id, name, version, and description.
When packaging a mod, PixieBrix prompts you for the following information
- ID: a unique identification for the mod. It must start with your author scope or an author scope of a team where you have a Developer role.
- Note that if you want to deploy a mod to your team or you want your team to have the ability to edit a mod, you’ll want to select the team alias (the @ field at the start of the mod ID, before the /).
- Name: a human-readable name for the mod
- Version: a version number, in the format
major.minor.patch. For example 1.0.0
- Description: a helpful description that describes what the mod is for
Pro-Tip: Add a “collection” part to the mod id to help organize your mods. For example