Activating your Personal Bricks
- Open the PixieBrix Browser Extension. From https://app.pixiebrix.com you can open it by clicking “Open Browser Extension”
- If your account has been granted access to some bricks to automatically provision, you'll see a blue banner with the message "New team bricks are ready to activate"
- Chrome may show you a prompt to grant the browser permissions required for the extensions. Click "Allow"
- Refresh any pages where the bricks will appear
Click the “Activate” button in the banner to activate the bricks
Activating Brick Updates
PixieBrix automatically checks every 10 minutes for bricks your development team has updated, or additional bricks you've been granted access to.
If there are new bricks to activate that require additional permissions:
- PixieBrix will automatically open a new browser tab to the PixieBrix extension
- Follow the steps under the "Activating your Personal Bricks" above
Alternatively, you can manually check for updates by opening the PixieBrix Browser Extension.
- Navigate to https://app.pixiebrix.com
- Click “Open Browser Extension”
When a blueprint you have installed has an update available, an Update button will appear on the Blueprints page’s entry for that blueprint.
Find the entry for the blueprint, and click Update. This will guide you through reactivation since the blueprint’s settings may have changed. Once you’ve completed reactivation, the blueprint will update to the latest version.
Finally, refresh any web pages that you are using PixieBrix on to ensure the updated version of the blueprint is available on those pages.