- Follow the Team Member Troubleshooting Guide
- Verify PixieBrix has Permission to Access the Page
- Check User Error Telemetry
- Check the User Extension and Deployment Package Version
- Replicating the Problem Locally
- Brick Error Log
- Browser Developer Console
- Check the Service PixieBrix Status Page
- Contact Support
Follow the Team Member Troubleshooting Guide
Depending on the problem, the solution may be available in the Team Member guide:
Verify PixieBrix has Permission to Access the Page
If a button/menu item is not appearing:
- Right click the PixieBrix icon in the browser toolbar and verify it says "On <origin>"
- Click the PixieBrix toolbar icon to toggle the sidebar, does the extension now run? If it run, this indicates the extension is configured properly, but that the permissions are not active
- Check the Settings page. Does the URL match any of patterns under "Additional Permissions"?
Check User Error Telemetry
From the Team Admin page, select the user experience problems and view the "Error Telemetry" tab.
The error telemetry is currently verbose, e.g., reporting cancellations as errors. Some of the events you see might not be causing the problem the team member is experience
Check the User Extension and Deployment Package Version
From the deployment detail page, view the "Status" tab to verify what version of the deployment and PixieBrix browser extension each user has active
Replicating the Problem Locally
As a developer, try replicating the problem on your machine
Brick Error Log
To view the error logs for the brick, open the extension and select the Brick from the "Active Bricks" screen.
To view the verbose logs (from all levels), select "DEBUG" from the log level dropdown
You can refresh the available log messages without reloading the page by clicking "Refresh"
Browser Developer Console
If the error does not appear in the Brick Error Log, open your browser's console log
The console will also shows messages/errors from the host page and any other extensions you have installed
To only show messages from the PixieBrix extension, check "Selected context only" from the Console settings
Then, select top → PixieBrix from the context dropdown
Additionally, ensure "Verbose" log messages are turned on to get additional context about any error messages
Check the Service PixieBrix Status Page
Unless your deployments are using PixieBrix's API proxy or using a team database, user operations are not transmitted through PixieBrix's services, and should not cause degradation of deployed blueprints
Check our Status Page to see if any of our services are experience degraded service
Email PixieBrix support at firstname.lastname@example.org