- Follow the Team Member Troubleshooting Guide
- Verify PixieBrix has Permission to Access the Page
- Check User Error Telemetry
- Check the User Extension and Deployment Package Version
- Replicating the Problem Locally
- Brick Error Log
- Browser Developer Console
- Check the Service PixieBrix Status Page
- User unable to login
- Browser Extension is Crashing
- Fix 1: Disable Debug Logging
- Fix 2: Factory Reset the Browser Extension
- Contact Support
Follow the Team Member Troubleshooting Guide
Depending on the problem, the solution may be available in the Team Member guide:
Verify PixieBrix has Permission to Access the Page
If a button/menu item is not appearing:
- Right click the PixieBrix icon in the browser toolbar and verify it says "On <origin>"
- Click the PixieBrix toolbar icon to toggle the sidebar, does the extension now run? If it run, this indicates the extension is configured properly, but that the permissions are not active
- Check the Settings page. Does the URL match any of patterns under "Additional Permissions"?
Check User Error Telemetry
From the Team Admin page, select the user experience problems and view the "Error Telemetry" tab.
Check the User Extension and Deployment Package Version
From the deployment detail page, view the "Status" tab to verify what version of the deployment and PixieBrix browser extension each user has active
Replicating the Problem Locally
As a developer, try replicating the problem on your machine
Brick Error Log
To view the error logs for the brick, open the extension and select the Brick from the "Active Bricks" screen.
To view the verbose logs (from all levels), select "DEBUG" from the log level dropdown
You can refresh the available log messages without reloading the page by clicking "Refresh"
Browser Developer Console
If the error does not appear in the Brick Error Log, open your browser's console log
To only show messages from the PixieBrix extension, check "Selected context only" from the Console settings
Then, select top → PixieBrix from the context dropdown
Additionally, ensure "Verbose" log messages are turned on to get additional context about any error messages
Check the Service PixieBrix Status Page
Check our Status Page to see if any of our services are experience degraded service
User unable to login
Your email address is not enabled. Contact the administrator for <TEAM_NAME>"
A new user must be added to at least one of the team’s campaigns before they can login. If you’re seeing this error, then add the user to a campaign and have them retry logging in.
Browser Extension is Crashing
The most common cause for the Chrome Browser Extension crashing is debug logs have started taking up too much space.
Fix 1: Disable Debug Logging
- Check the Settings > Developer Settings section in the Extension Console
- Clear the local logs
- Ensure Log Values is Disabled
Fix 2: Factory Reset the Browser Extension
If your browser extension install has been corrupted, you can reset the browser extension install state.
- Visit Settings > Factory Reset and click the “Factory Reset” button
Email PixieBrix support at email@example.com