Before you begin this tutorial, make sure you've completed the Quick Start Guide
In this tutorial, we'll use the PixieBrix Sidebar to show the Trello Status Page when you're working in Trello. There's a video at the end of the tutorial demonstrating what’s covered in the text.
1. Add a Sidebar
Open the Page Editor
Add a Sidebar
- Click Add in the top left of the Page Editor and choose Sidebar Panel, and + Create New
- Go to the Page Editor Panel tab and change "trello.com side panel" to "Trello Status"
- Click Render Panel in the top right of the Page Editor
2. Configure the Sidebar Content
Add an IFrame
- Go to the Page Editor Content tab.
- Choose IFrame, which is one of the recommended Bricks
Configure the IFrame
- Populate the URL field with the Trello Status page URL:
- Make the width and height
- Your IFrame configuration should look like the image below:
- Click Render Panel in the top right of the Page Editor, and then click Save
3. Test the Trello Status Sidebar
Pin the PB icon to your Toolbar
- You can pin the PixieBrix extension icon to your Google Toolbar to toggle the sidebar
- Click the puzzle piece icon in the top right of your browser window, and then click the pin icon next to the PixieBrix extension
- You should now see the PixieBrix extension icon in your Google toolbar, which you can click to toggle the sidebar
Use Your Sidebar
You now have the Trello Status page embedded into your sidebar when you're working in Trello