On any webpage, you can activate the PixieBrix Quick Bar using a keyboard shortcut. By default, the Quick Bar contains a set of action menu items that run in Chrome, but you can add your own actions the further customize it.
Important: Before creating a Quick Bar Action, make sure that you have already set up a keyboard shortcut in Chrome.
Follow these steps to create and configure a Quick Bar Action:
- Open the PixieBrix Page Editor.
- In the left pane, click Add > Quick Bar.
- Type a name in the Extension Name field.
- In the Configuration section, enter the following information:
Enter the name of the menu item. This is the name that displays when someone uses the shortcut.
Select one or more focus element that triggers the Quick Bar. The default option is “all”. This means that the Quick Bar action displays whenever you use the shortcut, no matter the focus. But, if you want to narrow when the Quick Bar displays, you can choose any of the following options: • page • frame • selection • link • editable • image • video • audio
When you specify the sites you want the Quick Bar to display, PixieBrix runs faster and more accurately. To do so, enter the URL match pattern(s) in the Sites field. Make sure that at least one URL matches the pattern(s) you added. You can also: • Click the Site, Domain, HTTPS, or All URLs shortcut to insert URLs automatically. • Click Add Site to enter a URL manually. • Click ABC Text > Remove to remove a site from the list.
- In the Advanced section, enter the following information:
If you want an icon to display next to the Quick Bar, select an icon from the drop-down list.
• Select eventTarget to provide the Quick Bar element clicked as the source of the bricks in the pipeline. • Select document to pass the whole HTML document as the source to the bricks in the pipeline.
Automatic permissions determine which sites PixieBrix automatically loads so it can watch the selection/focused element. It also allows the use of CMD+K if the Chrome keyboard shortcut is not set up. To add or edit the URLs, enter the URLs you want to load. You can also: • click the Site, Domain, HTTPS, or All URLs shortcuts to insert URLs automatically. • click Add Site to enter a URL manually. • click ABC Text > Remove to remove a site from the list.
- In the Advanced: Extra Permissions section:
- Click the Add Allowed Origin button in the Sites/APIs:
- Click the Site, Domain, HTTPS, or All URLs shortcut to insert URLs automatically.